Mohinders Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitments for 2021
As a company founded on equity, respect and investing in marginalized communities, we believe it is our responsibility to use our platform to support and empower BIPoC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) who face social and systemic injustices in the U.S.
We, at Mohinders, are dedicated to using our brand marketing channels to uplift and amplify voices of color in the quest for ever-evolving diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We have committed to the following plans that we wish to share with our community.
Diversify Our Community • by increasing representation of BIPoC and marginalized groups throughout our photography and storytelling.
- Conduct a quarterly audit of website, email, and social media to ensure at least 40% of imagery (per channel) features BIPoC
- Ensure at least 40% of My Mohinders Journal subjects are BIPoC
- Ensure at least 40% of influencers and content creators are BIPoC
- Partner with Black-owned businesses and artists for at least 15% of all annual collaborations in accordance with the 15% Pledge
Invest in an Equitable Future • by contributing to causes and organizations that help make opportunities more accessible to BIPoC and marginalized groups.
- Offer a quarterly artist grant to a BIPoC creative
- When hiring BIPoC influencers and creators, make a donation to the organization of their choice
Cultivate Inclusion • by valuing and amplifying BIPoC and marginalized voices through brand partnerships and content.
- Organize monthly initiative that centers around an aspect of BIPOC movements for justice and visibility
- Use Artist Collaborations and the My Mohinders series to feature and amplify the work of BIPOC creatives