We totally understand and know some of our styles (and some pairs) are extra tough on the break-in. They all get softer, and custom-form to your foot, with time.
We’ve tested out a bunch of different break-in methods and heard many customer reviews.
Here’s an overview video of all our best tips!
And, written out below:
Breaking in City Slippers (shoes without backs)
Three ideas to try:
1. Run warm water over your bare feet. Without drying your feet, wear your new Mohinders around the house.
2. Spray the insides of the uppers generously with a mix of 50/50 water + rubbing alcohol, then take them for a spin either with or without socks.
3. Wear them with slightly damp socks for 5 minutes, if they’re an especially stiff pair.
Breaking in Flats or City Shoes (shoes with backs)
Two ideas to try:
1. Fill a spray bottle with a mix of 50/50 water + rubbing alcohol. Spray generously on the insides of the uppers and counters (the heel part), then take them for a spin around the house either with or without socks.
2. If they’re an especially stiff pair, wear them with slightly damp socks for 5–10 minutes around the house (be careful not to stretch them out too much, sometimes this method works really well / almost too well).
Stuck? We’re happy to help you out! Email email@example.com anytime.