Caring for your leather shoes – Quality shoes deserve a little renewal. Here’s what to do if you notice your Mohinders as they appear dry, lighter in color, or just dusty from the streets or trails.
Our favorite methods:
Conditioning Natural Leather styles
1. Clean 'em off with a brush, and if needed saddle soap
(Woven Slides, Woven Shoes, Solid City Slippers)
2. Give an extra scrub around the cavani weaving (braid around the shoe’s edge) 3. to remove dust and dirt.
4. Treat the upper generously with Healing Balm (use a dauber or a cloth)
5. Treat cavani generously with Healing Balm
6. Remove excess balm from the cavani using a brush
Re-oiling Iron-dyed and Oiled Leather pairs
Apply Obenauf’s leather oil to your natural-dyed Mohinders every few weeks to restore a deep, like-new color tone.1. Dip a dauber into a jar of Obenauf’s (or use the one in the lid)
2. Rub generously in a circular motion, across the entire upper and cavani
3. Let the oil soak in completely, then wipe excess with a cloth
Questions about leather care? We’re here to help - email@example.com