We’ve tested out many break-in methods (and heard from lots of Mohinders wearers).
Here’s a video of all our best break-in tips.
Finding the right fit, in each style
- Our Fit Guide for Woven City Slippers
- Our Fit Guide for Solid City Slippers
- Our Fit Guide for Woven Flats + City Shoes
- Our Fit Guide for Solid Flats + City Shoes
Stuck? We’re happy to help out! Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
Breaking in City Slippers (shoes without backs)
Three ideas to try:
1. Run warm water over your bare feet. Without drying your feet, wear your new Mohinders around the house.
2. Spray the insides of the uppers generously with a mix of 50/50 water + rubbing alcohol, then take them for a spin either with or without socks.
3. Wear them with slightly damp socks for 5 minutes, if they’re an especially stiff pair.
Breaking in Flats or City Shoes (shoes with backs)
Two ideas to try:
1. Fill a spray bottle with a mix of 50/50 water + rubbing alcohol. Spray generously on the insides of the uppers and counters (the heel part), then take them for a spin around the house either with or without socks.
2. If they’re an especially stiff pair, wear them with slightly damp socks for 5–10 minutes around the house (be careful not to stretch them out too much, sometimes this method works really well / almost too well).